1. When curling your hair with a curling iron, start from the middle, not the ends of your hair. Your curls will last way longer.
2. Keep your brushes working optimally by giving them a good cleaning.
After pulling out all of the hair, soak them in warm water with some shampoo.
3. This is the correct way to curl your hair with a flat iron.
This will give you nice, beachy waves.
4. Know which brush does what.
5. An artfully splayed ponytail will give you temporary fake bangs.
6. Use a flat iron to tame your cowlick and get perfect side-swept bangs.
7. Fake a fuller ponytail by doing the double-ponytail trick.
8. This no-heat headband method will give you loose, beautiful waves in the morning.
And it’s comfortable enough to sleep in!
9. Turn your bobby pins into sticky bobby pins if you have slippery straight hair.
10. Use your bobby pins as graphic hair accessories.
11. Use these different rolling techniques to get the kind of curl you want.
12. Use this trick to get perfect boho curls every time.
After curling with a curling iron, pull the lock of hair out straight.
13. Contrary to popular belief, stick your bobby pins in wavy side down.
14. Use a small claw clip to get a more voluminous ponytail.
15. Fake a blowout by curling from the ends up using a large barreled curling iron.
16. If you have absolutely stick-straight hair, use aluminum foil and a flat iron to create curls that seriously LAST.
17. Set your hairstyle by blasting it with cool air when you’re done.
Alternating between heat and cool-down helps to set your style.
18. This simple flat-iron trick will give a short haircut body and movement.
19. Flat-iron your braids as a quick way to create waves.
20. Before attempting a sleek updo, spray your hands with hairspray and run them through your hair.
It’ll keep flyaways at bay, and you won’t get that shellacked, stiff effect from using too much hairspray.
21. For shorter hair, twist the lock of hair up and heat the rolled hair with a flat iron.
22. For curly/natural hair, group your hair into “pineapples” to keep your curls neat and intact while you sleep.
Throw on a sleeping cap and when you wake up, your curls will be elongated and preserved.
23. Tame flyaway hair strands by spraying a toothbrush with hairspray and combing them down.
The denseness of the bristles will ensure that each wispy hair is coated and tamed by the hairspray.
24. You don’t have to wash your hair every day — just wash your bangs.
If you have especially long hair that is a pain to wash, but your bangs just don’t lie down right when your hair is greasy, try pulling your hair back and just washing your bangs in the sink. You’ll spend less time washing and drying your hair.
25. If all you need is a little bit of extra body, scrunch your hair with beach spray or gel and use a diffuser.
It’s a super-easy and fast method to get simple waves with no flat iron or rollers.
26. For an easy way to create victory rolls and vintage pinup hairdos, you NEED this $5 curling brush contraption.
It’s called the Curl Easy Pro brush and you can get it here or at any Sally’s Beauty Supply.